Connecting Conversations Resource Bundle
Connecting Conversations Resource Bundle
FREE digital download copy for all hard copies ordered before April 1.
It all starts with a conversation. Our Connecting Conversations cards are a series of prompts to help workplaces and groups create stronger emotional bonds, build connections and improve wellbeing. To get started, all you need is this deck of cards paired with a safe, respectful and trustworthy space where individuals feel comfortable in sharing their vulnerable experiences.
Within this guide, we’ll be sharing suggestions, tips and ideas on how you can get the most out of these cards. But at the same time, this isn’t a rigid rulebook. Connecting Conversations has been created with flexibility in mind - allowing you to adapt the activity depending on the mood of the room. Share as much or as little as you like. Work your way around the circle. Start with individual reflections. This deck of cards is entirely yours.
As long as you’re using these cards to share, connect, empathise, listen, understand, grow and evolve as a group, you’re using them correctly.
Questions to Prompt Conversations
There are two different dimensions within this resource, each with five themes. The first dimension is related to health: physical, social, financial, mental/emotional and spiritual. The second dimension relates to positive psychology: positive emotion, engagement, relationships, meaningful work and accomplishment (the PERMA framework).
Firstly, we chose these dimensions to reach the cornerstones of wellness and encourage reflection by both the responder and listener. There are a multitude of things that can impact our health and wellbeing, with the very nature of health and wellbeing being interrelated and complex.By including a range of questions, we hope to allow reflection and insight into many aspects of our lives.
Secondly, we created these questions in a way that encourages choice and flexibility. People looking for a safer option can select a theme they feel more comfortable with.
Two Design Options
Black and White Native & Banana Pop Abstract Colour
Available in both hard copy and soft copy download formats.
This Set Includes:
- 40 question cards split into 5 categories
- 15 kindness cards to deliver your notes of gratitude
- 30 double sided quote cards
- 15 gratitude stickers
- 50 page gratitude notepad
- 12 page information and research booklet
- Limited edition storage box
- A6 & A7 sized resources
- 250g weight including stand
Domestic & International Returns:
Information on your rights as a consumer are outlined on the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) website. Under these rights, The Teacher Collection will provide consumers with a refund or replacement for any defective orders, provided they are brought to our attention (via email) within 14 days of receiving the product. Refunds or replacements will not be provided for change of mind purchases. Questions regarding returns can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds or replacements outside of this 14-day timeframe are not guaranteed and will be at the discretion of The Teacher Collection. The Teacher Collection will not be responsible for any damages or loss of item once the parcel is lodged with Australia Post.
So what do I get?
By being a part of the Wellbeing Hub, you’ll be able to:
- Access current research in the wellbeing space and explore the possibilities for teachers
- Network with like-minded teachers, who can provide a unique support and knowledge network for you as a teacher and as a person
- Find flexibility with a program that evolves and modifies around your needs and interests
- Structure a strong habit that meets all the dimensions of wellbeing
- Develop an awareness of your wellbeing strengths and barriers
- Dip into a repertoire of strategies available to support your wellbeing
- Use resources and templates to save your valuable time
- Create clearer flow between your life as a teacher and as a person
This is the program for you if...
- You want a wellbeing pathway that is tailored to your strengths, interests and passions
- You want wellbeing strategies based on research
- You are looking for resources and templates to support your wellbeing
- You’re seeking a supportive, judgement-free space to share and learn
- You want to take ownership and responsibility over your wellbeing now rather than wait for departmental programs to come into play
- You want to work alongside a safe, respectful and knowledgeable community of like-minded teachers who share a common goal
I’m currently a teacher and have been teaching for the past eight years. I get it. I know what it’s like and I’m going through the education system right now alongside you. I understand the contemporary challenges of being a teacher. I also work in a regional, high disadvantage setting, so I understand the additional unique set of challenges that come with that context.
I’m constantly reading and accessing the research, reviewing current studies and considering the implications for teachers. Not only is this a job for me, but it’s an area I’m passionate about. As well as having undertaken significant professional learning within this area, I’ve also completed a Masters of Evidence Based Teaching (University of Melbourne), with the focus of that being in the wellbeing space.
Most importantly though, I care. I care about our teachers, the challenges they face. We have kids within our education system that really need us. We are their person, and when we give so much to them, day in and day out, the toll on us can be immense. We can wait the 10+ years it could take to develop policies and a clear, coordinated approach to support teacher wellbeing, or we can take ownership of our own wellness now. It fills my cup being able to support my colleagues.